Carol Gordon Consulting: Solutions for People, Process and Performance
An accomplished executive with 35 years of employment and labor expertise, Carol Gordon brings a passion for people and skill for aligning individual talents to enhance business productivity and meet operational objectives.
As a results-oriented professional, Carol began her career as an entry-level bank teller and advanced within her industry to Senior Vice President of Human Resources. After many demonstrated successes both within and outside her HR role, Carol was promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the New York Community Bank where she served an additional 9 years.
Throughout her career as an executive and community leader, Carol developed a reputation for solid business acumen and exceptional human resources skills. In both business and leadership roles, Carol implemented employee relations practices essential to promoting employee engagement, organizational growth and legal compliance, as well as HR strategies for attracting, developing and retaining talent to drive business objectives and goals.
As an independent human resources consultant and executive-level mentor, Carol provides insight into organizational behavior and employee development.
With her experience in banking and not for profit environments, she has used her interpersonal and human resource skills to align people with success, finding and developing people to “get the job done” in a rewarding and profitable way. In addition, her proven expertise in employee relations and human resources practices has provided clarity and resolve to management at all levels. During her business career, her experience has ranged from entry level to the C-Suite. With a long history of serving her community, she currently serves on a variety of Boards in a leadership capacity.
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATIONS
• Cambridge College; Master's degree in Management; Graduate certification in
• Saint Joseph College; completed studies in Business Administration: Management
• Connecticut School of Finance and Management, Certificate
• "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges" nominee
• American Bankers Association instructor development program, certification
• Instructor, “Principles of Banking” for the CT Chapter of The American Institute
of Banking (AIB)
• 1st female correspondence instructor for the American Bankers Association (ABA),
Washington, D.C., "Principles of Banking"
• New Britain Academy Leadership program, graduate
• Pattern For Progress Fellows Program, graduate
Carol has been honored for her leadership and achievements with the following noted awards:
• 2010 ATHENA Leadership Award Recipient: The ATHENA award recognizes
outstanding business and professional individuals for excellence in their chosen field,
for providing valuable service to their community and for actively assisting women in
their attainment of professional goals and leadership skills.
• 2011 Friends of the Arts Award Recipient, Mill Street Loft: Each year the Mill
Street Loft honors a "Friend of the Arts" for outstanding work done in the community
in collaboration with Mill Street Loft's Outreach, Scholarship and Arts for Healing
• YWCA Women in Leadership Award Recipient: The YWCA Women in Leadership
Awards support, promote and celebrate women’s leadership and the impact women
have in our community.
• Outstanding Achievement in Employment: Commission on Persons with
In addition to her executive role, Carol has served on more than a dozen not-for-profit
boards and committees lending her expertise in a leadership capacity and offering an
effective link between the business community and non-profit organizations.
Current Board and Committee Involvement
• Dutchess Community College Foundation, Board of Directors, Vice Chair
• Northern Dutchess Hospital Foundation, Board of Directors
• Half Moon Theatre Board, Board of Directors, President
• Women's Enterprise Development Center MHV, Co-chair of the Women's Professional
• Mill Street Loft, Advisory Board
Past Board Seats (NY & CT)
• Dutchess County Arts Council Board, Board of Directors, Chair
• Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
• Women's Leadership Alliance, Executive Board, Chair
• American Savings Bank Foundation, Board of Trustees
• YWCA, Board of Directors
• New Britain Public Library, Board of Trustees
• New Britain Foundation for Public Giving, Board of Directors
• Alliance for Youth, Board of Directors, Co-Chair
Previous Committees (NY & CT)
• Women’s Leadership Alliance, Chair of Mentor Committee
• Mill Street Loft, Human Resources Committee
• United Way of Dutchess County, Grant Committee
• New York Bankers Association, HR Committee
• Superintendent of Schools’ Curriculum Advisory Council
Search Committee for (NY & CT)
• President, Dutchess Community College
• Rabbi, Vassar Temple
• Executive Director, YWCA
• Executive Director, New Britain Foundation for Public Giving (now Community
Foundation of Greater New Britain)
• Executive Director, Dutchess County Arts Council (now Arts MidHudson)
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATIONS
CONTACT CAROL FOR MORE INFO
© 2015 CAROL GORDON CONSULTING